- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Camera and film/memory card
- Medication (aspirin, anti-diarrhoea pills, etc)
- Items such as a small torch and an adaptor/converter can be useful.
(In SA we use 3 pronged round hole plugs usually 220V)
- Airline tickets
- International health certificate
- Travellers cheques & Cash
- Customs registration of firearms
- Copy of CITES permit
- Taxidermist shipping address/tags
- Clothes should be of a neutral colour (khaki, or green, hunting clothing)
- Clothing that can be worn layered is ideal, since it can be very cold in the mornings, warming up to 80 F by midday
- Hunting Boots
- Sneakers for camp
- Short pants for camp
- Long pants for hunting
- Shirts (Short and long sleeve)
- Rain gear (optional)
- Hat (wide brimmed hat is the best- to protect neck and ears)
Firearms & Ammunition
Choice of firearms is largely up to the clients preferences.
Hunting plains game in South Africa shooting distances vary from 80 to 300 yards,
medium calibre rifles with premium grade ammunition is advised, a good quality
scope and zeroed in at 200 yards. 80 rounds should be enough for an average 10 day safari.
Please arrange with the customs services for the necessary transport permits.
When selecting rifles for your Safari the following is recommended:
- Small game up to.270
- Large game .30 Cal
- Dangerous game min .375